Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We will make changes as any family will, but we will always be called the folks who live on the hills

I love listening to jazz. I don't know the names of any bands or singers, really, and I don't sit in the dark smokey clubs sipping wine while listening to some unknown jazz group... I just like to play the jazz radio all day. I don't know what it is about jazz, but I feel like it is one of the purest forms of music. It comes straight from the heart, with no rules to hold it back like in classical music, and it is more diverse and expressive than pop/rock music. There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" jazz. It just is. I think that's why I love it so much- because we, as humans, just are. Jazz speaks to the heart of humanity. Jazz music sparks creativity. You know, I think when I have children some day, I'm going to play jazz music for them when they are babies... ha ha.

Sorry, my thoughts are not very well organized today. I just taught a cello lesson and my brain is still kind of spinning from it. He was having trouble with his bow hand and I was trying to reach from every crevasse in my brain to find a way to explain how to hold the bow... and he was STILL confused. Argh.

Well, I think I'm going to go keep listening to my jazz music and make some tea, and transport my mind to the heart of New Orleans... Oh boy, did I love New Orleans... I hope to live there some day. To be surrounded by this music constantly is a dream that makes my heart well up with excitement, just at the thought of it...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment